If there is a career field where good lighting is one of the essential factors for successful performance - it’s the police force. Whether you need a good solid flashlight to actually accompany you during your night shifts, or you’re simply interested in getting a high-quality police flashlight for your personal use - there is no better brand in Australia you can trust than Ledlenser.
Top-notch Quality Police Torches
When it comes to police torches, it’s of vital importance that the torches are extremely convenient for use, reliable and tough enough to withstand a variety of conditions.
Here are a few important points to show you how strong and versatile our torches really are:
- Tail switch. We make sure our police flashlights are not only easy to operate but are also convenient for one-hand use, which will be vital for a range of police work scenarios. For this reason, our flashlights are equipped with switch caps that make it possible to regulate them with one hand.
- Brightness levels. We have police torches that can put out a whopping 4500 lumens of light - if a situation calls for lighting up a whole city - we’ve got you covered. Not only that, but you can regulate how bright you want your torch to be or calculate how long you want it to last after being charged - our torches are your safest bet.
- Light options. Ledlenser flashlights are known for having a wide range of light options - from S.O.S. to strobe and everything in between, which can be adjusted for different police work scenarios.
- Rechargeable. It’s good to know that your flashlight is a reliable one, and when charged timely, will last you for the longest of time (some of our options last for up to 200 hours in low power mode!).
- Lightweight and slim. Torches are not supposed to take up much space or be quite a weight to carry around. We make sure our police torches are convenient to have with you at all times and grab on the go if the situation calls - our products are slim and lightweight, which doesn’t compromise their power capacity in the slightest.
Ledlenser - Australia’s best shopping experience
Browse our collection of police torches and get free shipping on all orders over $100 Australia-wide. We test our products thoroughly to make sure they can be relied on - as a result of that, we are able to offer a 7-year warranty on all our flashlights! Shop Ledlenser!
What torches do police use?
Typically, police officers will look for a top-rated police torch that can be operated with a tail switch to hold the torch and firearm simultaneously. Another key feature of a police tactical torch is a high lumen output, to ensure there is enough brightness for a range of scenarios.
An ideal police security torch will also have multiple light options, including strobe for tactical, SOS for emergency and blink for attention, this can be key during search and rescue operations. Ledlenser recommends the P7 Core, P7R Signature, P7R Work and P7R Core for general use while a penlight such as the P4R Work is good for traffic police who are needing small pointed lights.
How bright are police flashlights?
The lumen output of the best police flashlights can vary and most top-rated police flashlights would be 1000 lumens or above. If an officer is looking for a small rechargeable police flashlight such as a penlight 400 lumens would be sufficient.
How many lumens does a police torch have?
Police security torches can vary in lumen output, typically 1000 lumens is recommended for police torches.